WARNING: The videos on this page show actual thyroid operations as performed by Dr. Clayman. If you are not comfortable seeing neck dissections and surgery please do not scroll any further!!
These are real videos of real thyroid surgery that Dr. Clayman has captured in high definition in the management for thyroid nodules, thyroid masses, and thyroid cancer. These videos are very vivid and very high definition. You will see everything that is important. I will talk you through all of these operations and videos so that you can understand how delicate and intricate these operations are to perform. It is important for you to understand that what you are about to be able to see has not been seen by very many people including many thyroid surgeons. It takes years and thousands of operations to be able to provide this level of intricate detail in these operations. Surgeons that perform 100 or 200 of these operations per year are new to seeing this too. They will also only be seeing this level of detail for the first time, as you are seeing it. Find the best thyroid surgeon you can possibly find for your cancer or other thyroid condition. Complications of thyroid surgery may effect your quality of life for your lifetime and the wrong thyroid cancer surgery may lead to further more complicated surgery and even failure to control your cancer. Thyroid surgery is not easy and not everyone should be doing it. In fact, very few should be doing it.
You will not see anything to identify any particular individuals in these videos. There is no bleeding associated with thyroid surgery or thyroid cancer surgery, so you don’t need to be fearful of that. But if you are concerned over your ability to look at surgery, do not view these surgery videos. All of these videos are very real. My goal here is to educated patients (and physicians) into the true art of thyroid surgery. Do not assume or anticipate that this surgery is similarly performed by other surgeons in the same manner!
- Left Thyroid Lobectomy/Minimally Invasive Thyroidectomy
- Thyroid Cancer Spread to Lymph Nodes
- Tiny Discoveries During Thyroid Surgery Result in Big Changes
- Total Thyroidectomy and Central Neck Dissection
- Thyroid Cancer Saving Important Neck Anatomy
- Dissection of Left Vocal Cord Nerve
- Dissection of Right Vocal Cord Nerve
- Right Neck Dissection for Thyroid Cancer
- Complete Left Lateral Neck Dissection
- Removal of Substernal Goiter
- Thyroidectomy for Substernal Goiter
- Thyroid Cancer Invading Voice Box Nerve